Tomorrow’s innovators practice imaginative thinking and teamwork. Guided by adult Coaches, FIRST LEGO League teams research a real-world problem such as food safety, recycling, energy, etc., and are challenged to develop a solution. They also must design, build, program a robot using LEGO MINDSTORMS® technology, then compete on a table-top playing field.
It all adds up to tons of fun while they learn to apply science, technology, engineering, and math concepts (STEM), plus a big dose of imagination, to solve a problem. Along their discovery journey, they develop critical thinking and team-building skills, basic STEM applications, and even presentation skills, as they must present their solutions with a dash of creativity to judges. They also practice the Program’s signature Core Values.
Proven, verifiable impact!
The positive impact FIRST LEGO League has on participants is gratifying and well documented. Over 88% are more interested in doing well in school, and 87% have more interest in attending college.
FIRST LEGO League teams get to:
– Research challenges facing today’s scientists
– Design, build, test and program robots using LEGO® MINDSTORMS® technology
– Apply real-world math and science concepts
– Learn critical thinking, team-building, and presentation skills
– Participate in tournaments and celebrations
– Understand and practice Gracious Professionalism®
• For FIRST Lego League: Team members should not be less than 4 and more than 10, and they must be between Age Group 9 yrs to 16 yrs.
• A coach should be there to train the students and mentor to manage them.
• Check the rules and any other announcements which might be sent to your email address.